Detalles de la oferta
Are you looking for your next challenge? We´re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our team responsible for an application relied upon by local governments in the UK, US and New Zealand.
You will be working on a Ruby on Rails application used by local governments to manage permitting for outdoor filming and events. The system has tens of thousands of users and has helped in processing more than 70,000 applications for permits of different types, including for filming blockbuster films and for holding major outdoor festivals.
The platform is a Ruby on Rails monolith, currently running on Rails 6.1 and built using default framework tools, hosted on AWS. The front-end is built using HTML, CSS and JS. Tools we use include MiniTest and Capybara for testing, Jenkins for deployments and Bitbucket Pipelines for test run automation.
We’re proud of some aspects of our system and less proud of others. We’re looking for someone to join us in moving it forward; someone keen to grapple with knotty technical challenges and who will take pride in gradually improving the platform over time, providing a better and better solution for our users.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As part of a team of 3 developers, one product manager and a CTO, your role will involve helping to shape the future direction of the platform, contributing to key architectural decisions, helping the other developers become more effective, and day-to-day development. You will also be involved in some DevOps.
Specific work will include:
- Developing new functionality
- Refactoring existing code
- Writing automated tests for new or existing functionality
- Helping to improve our deployment pipeline and development environment
- Helping to shape the technical future of the product and leading, hands-on, the improvement of the system
- Mentoring, sharing knowledge, and helping team members to improve their skills in an environment which values and encourages improvement
- Code reviews
- Suggesting ways for the team to work more effectively
- Working with other team members to refactor code to simplify and improve the maintainability of parts of the system
- 3+ years’ working experience with Ruby on Rails
- Passion for writing simple, clean code
- A good understanding of object oriented analysis and design (you may be a fan of Sandi Metz)
- Experience writing unit tests
- A great team player – you will enjoy working collaboratively, learning from and teaching the other members of your team
- Our team is from Spain, Poland and the UK and works in English. It’s therefore essential that you can communicate well in English.
Not required but desirable:
- Prior experience developing in an Agile team environment
WHY WORK AT SECRET SOURCE?
At Secret source, we believe staff and client happiness are the key to success and have built a culture based around team wellbeing and strong relationships. We offer:
- Remote work opportunities
- Paid weekly training time
- 1:1 mentoring and continual professional development
- Extra day holiday on your birthday
- Free English / Spanish lessons
- Weekly tech talks
- Regular events (our famous bbq)
- Yoga every week
- Competitive salary based on education, experience and knowledge.
Secret Source is an equal opportunities employer.
48000 - 54000 €/anuales
Este puesto de trabajo tiene más de 30 días y es probable que esté cubierto. Intente postularse a ofertas de trabajo publicadas recientemente.